Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you feel that too many television shows appeal to the lowest common denominator?

There are so many reality shows, talk shows, shows that are not worth anyone's time; Jerry Springer, Fear Factor, Celebrity Death Match, etc., etc,.etc. I keep hearing that this is what people want. Is this true? Have we truly de-evolved to this level? Opinions are fine, no name calling or throwing things allowed. :)



Do you feel that too many television shows appeal to the lowest common denominator?globe theater



Yes, I think it is pretty sad when a clever show like Arrested Development can't make it, but shows like "Yes, Dear" keep going on. It's pathetic.



Do you feel that too many television shows appeal to the lowest common denominator?oper opera theater



Ugh yes! I never watch reality TV (except Project Runway) because it is so dumb - so trashy - it's like mental pixie stix - tastes good for awhile - but later you are still hungry.



;o)
I agree--and the shows that were once good have gone down the tubes. I used to watch Maury, back when most of the time it was secret crushes on your best friend, tradgedy or success stories, and long-lost reunions, with maybe one paternity test show a month. Now that's all they show--one girl had over 10 men tested to see if one was the father, and NONE of them were! Grrr--give me the stories about people with tourettes who overcame the struggles and teasing to become successful, and stories like that...guess I'll have to stick with Oprah.
For starters Celebrity Death Match is worth waching to me because the show is funny and there are some celebrity that I dont like and now I could wach them on tv fighting each other and killing each just because of the show. I do agree with you with some talk show.
Yes! It's horrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd