Thursday, December 10, 2009

What broadway shows play on a monday?

I know traditionally Mondays are broadway's "dark" day but I have heard from some people that some shows still play.



What broadway shows play on a monday?opera songs



as far as I know, there aren't any shows on Mondays except Rent I think. i'm about 85% sure.



I was able to watch The Farnsworth Invention and Is He Dead? last month, both on a Monday night. But I think they already changed it into Tuesday - Sunday performances.



That can change though especially during the holiday season. Most shows change their showtimes around Christmas and New Year.



Although you can watch a bunch of shows off-Broadway and off-off-Broadway. Prospect Theatre has shows on Monday nights. as well as a few other small theatres.



If you want Off-Broadway musicals, here:



The Fantasticks (the longest-running musical, note that I didn't say Broadway musical) has Monday night shows. I'm pretty sure it's 8pm. Jerry Orbach Theatre/Snapple - 50th Street %26amp; Broadway.



Forbidden Broadway: Rude Awakening (I love this show) Mondays @ 8:15pm - 47th Street Theatre



I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change (this is cool too)



Mondays @ 7pm - Westside Upstairs, 43rd Street (bet. Ninth %26amp; Tenth Ave)



Altar Boyz



Mondays @ 8pm - New World Stages Stage 4



50th Street (Bet. 8th %26amp; 9th Av)



Off-Broadway is a pretty good alternative, it's cheaper (tix cost from $25-$75) and a bit smaller, some say more intimate setting.



You can check with playbill.com though if there's a broadway show that is on Monday nights. They have show listings there.



What broadway shows play on a monday?secure browser opera theater



Yes, my advice check the theater box office for details. You can also check the discount booth TKTS on Times Square for tickets for Monday night performances.



I hope this information was very helpful. Enjoy the show and happy holidays.



Native New Yorker
Many shows do do have a holiday schedule that may include a Christmas or New Years eve performance this year (a special Monday performance), however many shows are 'dark' on Mondays. You will need to check each show you are interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd